By now I’m sure most of you will have heard of the new cosmetics brand, Makeup Revolution rapidly making their rounds on beauty blogs and magazines alike. The budget makeup brand has fast become known for their gorgeous dupes of the Urban Decay Naked palettes (which I will be showing in a separate post soon), however when I saw the diverse range of lipsticks that they had on offer (starting from a pound no less!) I knew I had to place in an order.
I ordered six lipsticks from the ‘Amazing’ collection which is made up of thirty different shades ranging from nudes to brights and comes in matte and creamy textures. The packaging is very simple; a black plastic casing with a little ‘window’ on the cap which shows a preview of the colour. The quality of the packaging is a bit loose, especially where the cap is concerned, but it’s definitely something that can be overlooked. What I really want to get into however, is the quality and colour of these shades.
From left to right:
- Rebel With Cause – A creamy deep blue-based cherry red, similar to Rebel by MAC.
- Depraved – A cream-based cool toned lilac. Part of the Scandalous L.E Collection.
- 100% Vamp – A creamy brown toned, eggplant purple. Part of the Vamp L.E Collection.
- Dare – A matte tomato red.
- Crime – A cream based, cool toned, blue based pink. Similar to Girl About Town by MAC.
- Vice – A cream based, sheer coral/orange.