It’s all well and good waxing lyrical about my favourite products and what-not, however I feel that I would be remiss in my duties as an authentic and unbiased blogger if I didn’t talk about products that may have not worked out for me in the past too! So without further ado, let’s get straight into it. Please remember to bear in mind that I chose the products above as they do not necessarily work for me, however they may do for you!
1) Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher – Rose D’or
: I’m generally a fan of Bourjois, however for some reason I just don’t seem to get on with their blushes. It’s not so much the lack of pigmentation, it’s more the chalky texture that I don’t like. I think the brush that comes with it is pretty bad and the blush has no longevity whatsoever, which is a shame as the colour is pretty! (link here)
2) MAC Eyeshadow – Vibrant Grape
: As with the blush above, I find the texture of MAC shadows a problem. I’m not a huge eye shadow wearer in general so it’s probably something I’m not used to, but I find the shadow incredibly chalky, with no pigmentation whatsoever. This will be the first and last shadow by MAC I own. (link here
3) Maybelline ColourSensational Nude Lipstick – Coffee Craze:
This purchase was probably my fault as I failed to swatch on my arm before buying. I thought this nude would compliment my skintone, however the contrast was pretty bad; the colour was far too bright on me and gave me a ‘Dawn of the Dead’ type look. No bueno! (link here)
4) GOSH Giant Blush
: *sigh* I don’t get on with cream blushers; so I don’t know what made me think this would go well for me either. It’s a VERY creamy blush – so if you’re into that sort of thing, I would say go for it! The blush ended up mixing with my liquid foundation and became all gross so it’s a no for me too. (link here
5) Clarins Blush Prodige Illuminating Cheek Colour – Peach
: At first, I did love this blush, I really did. Aside from the somewhat shoddy brush included, the actual pigment was pretty nice, however as time went by, I realised that I could only use the deeper colour in the palette as the lighter ‘peach’ colour (which was more a dusty pink) was a bit too light on me and came off as slightly ashy. Not the best on darker skin but I think it would look amazing on pale skin tones. (link here)
6) Nivea Pure & Natural Moisturising Day Cream
– All I can say about this product is ‘meh’. To be fair, it does what it says on the tin, however during the middle of the day my skin starts to feel a tad dry and sallow again. Perhaps this cream would be better suited towards those with oily skin methinks? My skin needs a lot more richness and sadly, this doesn’t cut it for me.
7) YSL Shocking Mascara
– I know, I know…this is a cult product for some, however it doesn’t quite float my boat to be honest and I’ll tell you why; the CLUMPING
. I have never known a mascara to clump as much and as badly as this one. I refuse to believe I received a bad batch as this is my 3rd one (with my first 2 being gifts) and it clumps up on the 6th or 7th use! My lashes feel sticky and dry at the same time, with a few even dropping out during the course of wearing it! No thanks! (link here)
Have you guys anything above that you find works for you? Let me know in the comments below!